Loosing Data (resolved)

I picked up a Western Digital 2TB (Blue) hard drive last night and installed it.

When I cracked open the computer tower case, the first thing I noticed was that all my dust traps worked. And they were over do for replacement. The dust traps I use are 4X9 air filters commonly used in homes for the floor vents.  I put the hook side of Velcro on the outside of my case.  I cut the air filters to size and stick them to the hook.  I also have a piece of filter inside the case in another area that the air can get sucked into.  After replacing the filters, I then did a quick vacuum of the case interior and I was ready to install.

This computer has 3 hard drives installed.  I didn't mark them C; D; or M; when I installed them.  So I had to first determine which was the failing drive.  The mechanical install was then easy.

But after I booted up the computer, the D: drive didn't show up in Windows Explorer. Bios indicated the drive was recognized but no indication in Explorer.  A quick run to WD site and I found my problem... DUH...  The drive needed formatting.....  A click on Start, right click on Computer, selection of Mange and I saw the drive.  Formatting the drive was a breeze from their.

I moved the files over and all is now well with the data!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem titled "Me Mudder"

Don't we ever learn from History!

April 8th My birthday and an eclipse