UTAH Trip - Day 6 Tourist Stuff

If you have been following along with us, I just want to thank you a bunch. We are over half way through this trip. Tomorrow, Steve starts his journey to San Diego. As for me, I am turning the corner and I am starting for home.

Mmmmm, breakfast

Today, we had a simple breakfast of sausage and eggs. Then we called house keeping to get some towels to clean the bikes with. After waiting an hour, we gave up and headed into town to a coin operated car wash. It felt good to give the bikes a bath. Steve feels he'll be able to get to CA with a clean bike. I know that mine is only destined to get dirtier. After the car wash we finally took time to play tourist in Park City. We went into a few shops, and we both bought t-shirts. There were a few interesting sculptures on the street that we stopped to admire. Then, with breakfast wearing off, we stop and split a large plate of nachos for lunch.

The hunter becomes the hunted

Taking a picture down main street

After lunch we went back to the room and watched on TV a movie that we hadn't seen. Then while Steve took a nap, I went swimming. Although the water in the pool was heated, the wind coming up the mountain felt very cold. When I got back to the room, Steve was still napping so I jumped into the Jacuzzi that is in my bedroom and took a hot relaxing jet bath.

For dinner tonight, Steve and I went back into town to a restaurant called Bandits Bar and Grill for a filling BBQ rib dinner. My ribs were tasty. They tasted a bit like rib from Famous Dave's back home. I was stuffed getting out of there.

So what happened to the towels? When we got back to the room, we noticed a pile of towels down the hall from our room. We can only assume they were meant for us, but went to the wrong location.

Yesterdays actual miles were 321, making it a total 321. Today's mileage is going to be possibly 30 or so. Do you ever wonder why I don't tell you the actual miles until the next day? Here is why: our room is on the 8th floor and the bikes are on the 1st floor. When we stop for the night, I seem to forget to get the mileage. Being lazy, I don't want to go down to the garage and get the mileage. So you always get to wait a day.

So, are you wondering about my plans? Where am I going from here? I have decided to leave here when Steve leaves. I plan to ride with him to the middle of southern Utah where we will split. Steve will go onto St George, Utah. I have a room reserved in Blanding, Utah. I plan to go from Blanding towards Colo Springs. Then a couple of quick days down the road towards home and my wife's open arms. For me, I am beginning to smell the barn.

Comments

joe said…
I'm praying for safe and fun travels. I've enjoyed the blog. Keep it, buddy... You're living a dream at the moment.
joe said…
I'm praying for safe and fun travels. I've enjoyed the blog. Keep it, buddy... You're living a dream at the moment.

Popular posts from this blog

Poem titled "Me Mudder"

Don't we ever learn from History!

April 8th My birthday and an eclipse