Day 1 - Motorcycling Missouri 2015


We locked up the house and left home at 3PM Friday night.  With the trailer loaded and securely connected to the motorcycle, we turned south down I-35W towards Minneapolis. Traffic going south thru downtown wasn't bad for the Friday before a long weekend.  

At Albert Lea MN we pulled off the interstate for gas and a salad at Wendy's.  I thought it odd when I put my foot down at the intersection and it slipped out from under me.  Then as we pulled into the gas station LoriAnn noted that she had oil on her hand rest.  Before fueling, we climbed off the bike and found that the oil filler cap was loose.  Oil under pressure from 2 hours of interstate speed had sprayed down the side of the bike and even onto the trailer.  We cleaned up the bike, topped off the oil (surprisingly very little was needed), had our Wendy's salad and got back onto the road.

The run down to Des Moines was un-eventful from there.  Glad we had a reservation at the hotel, because the city was full of High School youth in the Iowa state track and field event. After unloading the bike we walked next door to the Applebee's and had snacks (I had a beer).

The Locatoweb tracking service said our total miles for the day was 268 miles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem titled "Me Mudder"

Don't we ever learn from History!

April 8th My birthday and an eclipse