Receipts at Kohl's, a big box store

Today I ventured into Kohl's, a big box department store in time to hear an overhead announcement that encouraged me to have my receipt emailed to me to help the store save the environment.

Because I'm a fiduciary agent for my families accounts, I want receipts of all purchases. With those receipts I reconcile all of the accounts to the penny.

For online purchases, I receive email receipts. Because I have been known to misplace emails in the time between my book work periods, i always print them (usually on 8.5 x 11 paper).   Since the Kohls receipt is typically a fraction of my print size, I dont see how I am helping the environment.

Besides needing my email  to send me my receipt, could Kohls have some nefarious intention with this information?  I don't need more SPAM email.  If its Kohl's attempt to save money, by not printing the receipt, I would be happier if they were honest with me.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem titled "Me Mudder"

Don't we ever learn from History!

April 8th My birthday and an eclipse