Riding with Todd - Sturgeon Bay Day 3

This morning we had breakfast at the hotel, packed up the bike and started for home.

The trip home was difficult due to the lack of excitement as the fun was coming to the end. We also were worried about the weather. The weather at the beginning of the day was pleasant because there was plenty of overcast.   But west of Green Bay, the sun came out and the temperature climbed.

As much as I dislike the Green Bay Packer football team, we did pass by the stadium on our way through town.  Go Vikings, Go Patriots!!!

We took a fairly direct route home.  There isn't much to tell.   Well except for the question that kept popping up in my head all the way home:  Is there enough tread on my tires?

When the tires get worn on a motorcycle you can tell by the way it handles.  The bike gives you squiggly feelings as you go around corners. This all affects your confidence in the bike and it changes the way you ride.  I caught myself inspecting the tire tread several times on this trip.  This is my first  year riding on the Dunlop Elite 4's.  I like the tires ride and the extended mileage that I get out of them.  On the last bike, a Honda ST1300, my tires typically were wasted at 8000 miles.  On the Goldwing I can usually get 10,000 miles to a set. I believe we started this trip with over 10,000 miles on the tires.   The tread appears to be good, but the handling is getting squiggly.

As we crossed over the Wisconsin / Minnesota border we could see storm clouds over the cities.  I asked LoriAnn if she wanted to pull over to put rain gear on.  After a brief discussion, we both agreed to push through and take our chances.  As we turned northwest, towards home it appeared that the weather would miss us.   Now we reached the turn north and it looked like the weather changed again, and our dryness was in jeopardy.   Another brief discussion was held and again we decided to press on.  We turned west with 5 miles to go and ran smack dab into the rain.  When we got off the bike at home we looked like 2 drowned rats.   Good times were had by all!




Today's ride was 327 hard miles!

If you enjoyed this blog entry, don't forget to select that follow function if you have't already.   Leave us a comment also.  I would love to hear from you!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem titled "Me Mudder"

Don't we ever learn from History!

April 8th My birthday and an eclipse